Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween

TTTHi, Readers!

       Three days and counting until the spookiest day of the year!  Sometimes when I'm reading, I discover certain characters that I wish I could be.  And what better holiday than Halloween to become somebody else for a night?  This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog, challenged bloggers to create a list of the Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween.  Here it goes!  By the way, if I've reviewed a book below, its title is linked to the post.

Bast
1. Bast from The Red Pyramid, by Rick Riordan

Talk about a new take on the classic cat costume!  Bast is the Egyptian Cat Goddess, and she first appears in the novel as an actual cat.  However, I would focus on Bast's human look in my costume by wearing animal prints and applying some killer cat-eye winged eyeliner.



Ophelia
2. Mad Ophelia from Hamlet, by Shakespeare

In my AP English class this year, we read Hamlet and watched three film adaptations.  Each film, specifically the Olivier, Gibson, and Branaugh, interpreted Ophelia's madness in a different manner.  I would create my own take of her insanity by emphasizing the make-up and wearing a mid-century gown.

Isaac
3. Isaac from The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green

The sassy blind side-character from TFIOS would make a quirky and understated Halloween costume.  I would dress like the movie version of Isaac, wearing tinted Ray Bans and a classy grey blazer.  Plus, for dramatic effect, I'd wear a name tag saying, "Hi, my name is... Isaac" so that people wouldn't be bugging me all night about my costume.

Effie Trinket
4. Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins

I think I'm somewhat influenced by the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games for this costume, but all of the Capitol fashions inspire me.  Wearing one of Effie's trademark colorful wigs or insane dresses would be the perfect ensemble for a Halloween dance.



Aslan
5. Aslan from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis

Another kick-butt cat that I'd love to dress up as for Halloween is Aslan.  This king of the jungle is literally the king, and his ferocity is unmatchable, both in the Narnia novels and the movies.  I think that in order to dress up as Aslan, I'd probably just end up dressing up like a lion and then adding sparkles onto my face to seem regal.



Dale
6. Luke from Dream Factory, by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler

I guess this would be a good excuse to dress up as an adorable chipmunk for Halloween, and it has the bonus of an interesting back story behind it.  The only downside of this costume is that Luke is not a very well-known character, but maybe this would be a good opportunity to spread the word about my favorite book!



Fairy
7. A fairy from Fablehaven, by Brandon Mull

I'm sure there are tons of people who dress up as fairies for Halloween.  However, Brandon Mull's fairies are special.  They each have a different theme, per say.  For example, there are ice fairies, fire fairies, etc.  Each one looks unique and fantastic.  If I was to dress up as one of these fairies, I would choose an ice fairy because the make-up and costume would be gorgeous.


Patty
8. Patty Farrell from Diary of a Wimpy Kid, by Jeff Kinney

This nerdy chic pre-teen is one of my favorite characters in both the books and the movie adaptations of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  From her wrestling to her part in the school play to her tennis playing, Patty comes along with a variety of costumes that are all equally as hilarious.  I would definitely use her movie's trademark braids and bangs in my costume.

Max
9. Max Ride from Maximum Ride, by James Patterson

Max is the perfect combination of hard and soft - an angel who dresses in punk rock clothing.  She certainly demonstrates girl power and toughness.  In order to dress up as Max, I would wear a leather biker jacket and acid wash skinny jeans, but I would complete the look with angel wings.

Olaf
10. Olaf the Snowman from Frozen

Ok, I know Frozen isn't a book, but I have a reason for putting Olaf on the list.  Aside from being my favorite cartoon character, Olaf is adorable.  I saw a little girl dressed up as Olaf at church a couple of days ago, and the cuteness factor was overwhelming.  So therefore, Olaf is the best costume.  Case closed.

I hope that you have enjoyed my Top Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween!  Make sure you comment below with a link to your own TTT list, or leave a comment/suggestion about mine.

Happy Halloween!
Katie

6 comments:

  1. OOOh nice mix! I picked this topic too! Though my characters have the somewhat normal appearances. It's more like I'd want to be them for Halloween with whatever powers or abilities they might have.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! Yours is the first I've seen with Max, which rocks since she's pretty darn cool! And who cares if Frozen is a movie? Olaf is the most adorable choice ever. <3
    Kim @ Book Munchies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Effie! I hadn't even thought of her. She'd make a great character to dress up as.
    Here is my Top Ten: http://mooneyesrandomsmile.blogspot.ca/2014/10/top-ten-tuesday-booksmovies-to-read-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Effie! If only I were brave enough for those sky-high heels!

    ~ Cate is Reading Good Books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love it! Isaac would be cool! Effie Trinket would be so cool to say some of her lines but I don't know if I could stand wearing some of the things she wears. ^_^
    If you feel like it please feel free to see mine here
    http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-ten-tuesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to ask questions or say whatever is on your mind.